Monday, April 5, 2010

Jeans Fiber Content

Has this happened to anyone else: You spend hours upon hours trying on jeans to find one that is just perfect (and by that I mean a pair that you don't feel like a stuffed sausage in...ugh), finally find that one pair, buy them, take them home and wear them the next day only to figure out that the fiber content is made up of entirely too much spandex in the fiber content so they stretch out so much its like they are an extra size bigger and they fall down to where it is super unflattering (like your belly hangs out) and you spend the rest of the day/night trying to keep from exposing yourself in public? I hate it! So I did some research (which really means I baught some jeans with less spandex in the mix than last time and found a mix that works for me)>

My faavorite jeans I have right now are Gloria Vanderbilt I got at Ross Dress For Less for like $15. Super find! The waist is a little high, but that's better than a little low if you ask me. They have 2% spandex in the fiber content. The last pair of jeans I loved so much I wore them out in 6 months are Levi's 512 Perfectly Slimming Jeans. They also have 2% spandex. I know that it varies with size on what you need for your comfort. For me (a size 16) 2% is the best blend. I would be wary of anything with any more than that. Also, when you get them home, do what you do with new shoes. Break them in. That way you don't find yourself out somewhere with plumber's crack, or worse, with your pants around your ankles (unless...)! Give me feedback on your experiences and what you have found for other sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment