Monday, March 8, 2010

A Fresh Look at Plus Size Fashion!

In this blog, I will be looking at fashion for women with curves! As a curvy girl myself, I have a hard time finding clothes that not only fit well, but are fashion forward and beautiful! Everything has these horrible huge, old-lady prints, too much of the same gross bright colors (not updated colors that are actually in season), things made in that horrible stretchy, clingy fabric that was really popular at Wet Seal in the early 1990s (you know the stuff - it shows every flaw...*shudder*), or jeans with too much spandex in the fiber mix (because the base size is too small) which makes the jeans stretch out and fall off 15 minutes! I will be addressing these problems and trying to help those of us who are real women find something that doesn't look like my grandmother wore, well, ever! (Exceptions would be great vintage inspired stuff - that is a given.) I'd like to find better prints, better fit, and better style!!! I also will be addressing the fact that, statistically speaking. the majority of women in the US are overweight, which means that a garment made for a size 8 (industry standard) will not fit most women!!

I look forward to finding some places where full figured women can find clothes that make them feel good about themselves and as beautiful as they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment